Construction work can be uncomfortable and even dangerous when done outdoors, especially in low temperatures. Construction safety jackets can offer adequate protection from such hazards. The best outdoor jackets, whether padded, soft shell, bonded fleece, or polar fleece, comply with the standards set forth by the EN342 guidelines.
Generally, these jackets work by keeping in the warm air generated by the body. The trapped heat then circulates and keeps the body warm against the cold. These jackets often have several features that can help the wearer feel warm and comfortable, such as:
- Fleece linings at the neck and cuffs which keep the rising heat from escaping;
- Built-in storm flaps and sealing for use in severe weather conditions;
- Hoods with extra padding which prevents heat loss from the wearer’s head;
- Zipped pockets to keep the hands warm and comfortable against the cold;
- Toggles and elastic ends at the neck and cuffs to keep the heat from escaping.
Inner padding is made from either natural downs or synthetics materials. The arms and the waists, as well as other areas that need greater flexibility, usually have less padding. The highest quality jackets are the most lightweight and can provide the greatest warmth for the wearer.
One of the UK’s leading retailers of Jackets, We Sell Electrical offers high quality products at affordable prices. Buy online today or call our sales team on 01159 649 198.