Safety glasses, goggles, and other forms of eye protection are often advantageous—or sometimes even necessary during a lot of construction work. These pieces of eye protection equipment can protect the eyes against snapping pieces of metals and wires, as well as prevent sparks from reaching the yes during welding.
Eye protection equipment acts as a barrier between the worker and the hazard in the workplace. Once the appropriate form of eye protection has been selected, it must be fitted for the wearer and the worker must learn how to wear it properly.
Here are some guidelines in selecting the right kind of protection eyewear:
- It must be able to protect the wearer against the particular hazards that may be encountered in the workplace.
- Workers must find it comfortable to wear.
- The eye protection must not impair the vision and the movement of the worker.
- It must be durable.
- It must be easy to clean and disinfect.
- It must not prevent other safety equipment from functioning properly.
It should also be stylish. While this requirement may not seem overly important, studies show that younger workers (from teens to people in their 40s) may be resistant to wearing unstylish and unattractive eyewear. Stylish eye protection on the other hand, may encourage even the overly fashion-conscious to wear the appropriate eyewear for work.
One of the UK’s leading retailers of Eye Protection, We Sell Electrical offers high quality products at affordable prices. Buy online today or call our sales team on 01159 649 198.