Cable grommets are rings (or tubes) through which electric cables pass through. If you are inspecting your cables and you see a worn grommet, it’s wise to replace them. Cable grommets provide a lot of functions that help preserve your electrical wires.
- They help prevent electrical wires from incurring damage due to repeated flexing.
- Grommets can also protect your cables and wires from damage due to contamination from water, air, and dirt.
- The soft and smooth inner surface of the grommet also offers additional protection for cables and wires.
- Some grommets offer protection from acoustic vibration—some devices are just usually subject to vibration or to being jarred repeatedly. They can also isolate electronic circuit components that are vulnerable to mechanical vibrations.
- Other grommets function more as a decorative device—some cables just look better with grommets than without.
You can select regular grommets or choose quick fit grommets which cost just a little bit more. The quick fit grommets, like the name suggests, are much more easily installed and offer greater ease and convenience. The quick fit grommets can be especially useful if you aren’t all that nimble with your hands or if the sizes of the grommets do not allow you to adequate manipulate them.
One of the UK’s leading suppliers of Grommets, We Sell Electrical offers a huge range at competitive prices. Buy online today or call our sales team on 01159 649 198.